Top 10 Reasons to Join
There are so many reasons to join the Nederland Chamber of Commerce. The following are our ten best reasons…
- The Chamber provides a positive business environment for its members and people who visit Nederland. Member brochures are displayed at the Chamber office and referrals are sent your way.
- The Chamber coordinates monthly business networking coffees at local businesses.
- The Chamber offers great exposure with a complimentary listing on our website including a web-link to your site and opportunities monthly to publish your deals or event information.
- The Chamber promotes Nederland through advertising, our website and other publications.
- The Chamber holds events in Nederland that promote our community, promotes tourism and raises money for local civic organizations.
- The Chamber publishes a monthly newsletter in the Community Connection spreading community news, business news and highlights our local businesses.
- The Chamber offers educational seminars with a business focus.
- Many members of the community consider Chamber of Commerce membership to be a sign of a reputable, solid business. When you join the Chamber, you will receive a Chamber of Commerce decal to display in your business’ window, so other businesses know you are a member.
- Your company’s name will be listed in Nederland’s Business Directory.
- The Chamber works closely with the Economic Development Corporation, County and State Government as well as Tourism groups to address issues affecting business concerns and to promote the overall growth of the Nederland Community.
To learn more about getting involved and joining the Nederland Chamber, call our office at 409-722-0279. We look forward to working with you!
- Chamber Facts
- Primary Functions
- Upcoming Events
- Organized in 1941
- Chartered June 21, 1951
- A voluntary organization of business and professional men and women
- 320 businesses, organizations and individual members
- Elected 16-member Board of Directors, with a 6-member Executive Committee
- Committees working toward goals established in the annual “Program of Work”
- Professional staff to assist Chamber members with their business needs
- Carry out programs for the total economic development of the area
- Act as spokesperson for the business community
- Develop assets and works to improve quality of life in our community
- Provide specific services to enhance community development & tourism
Your Membership investment enables the chamber to represent personal and business interests in our community. We provide services to members while working to strengthen Nederland.