Lamar University – Job Posting
Posting Number 20112286
Position Title Manufacturing Specialist, SETMAC #443370
Position Type Staff
Department Sponsored Program Administration
Position Summary Information
Job Summary/Basic Function About This Role:
Lamar University is inviting applications for the position of Manufacturing Specialist, SETMAC #443370.
This position provides Management Consulting, Operational Excellence & Product/Process Engineering solutions to accelerate the profitable growth and competitiveness of Texas manufacturing. Seeks, Identifies, Assesses, Sells, Proposes, Delivers, Coordinates, Manages, applied research projects to create significant financial return on customer investment, and ensure superior customer and investor satisfaction.
- Assists others in conducting assessments, preparing proposals, and deploying implementation projects.
- Sells follow-on scopes of work.
- Improves processes within a functional department at customer organizations. Follows PDCA or DMAIC methodology for operation level projects and improvements. Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to deliver basic workshops and implement projects in industrial environments.
- Presents technical sessions and promotional events.
- Earns certifications to perform Process Specialist responsibilities.
- Demonstrates effective project execution, project results, and customer follow up.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Who We Are:
Lamar University is a diverse and accessible global university for life-long learners with a passion for broad-based community engagement. As a vital contributor to the socioeconomic wellbeing and resilience of the Gulf Coast region, our expertise is recognized locally and beyond. Lamar University is home to more than 17,000 students and is among the fastest growing Texas colleges and universities. LU is a member of The Texas State University System, which is the first higher education system of Texas and maintains the lowest average tuition and fees of any university system in Texas. With more than 100 degree options and a community that cares, Lamar students are always proud to be Cardinals.
Lamar University is committed to fostering a culture of diversity where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds can learn, work, and serve.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes:
- Health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- State of Texas Retirement plans
- Tuition reimbursement for employees, spouses and/or eligible dependent
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays.
Minimum Qualifications What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Work character & ethic, grit; ability to overcome obstacles; resourcefulness and perseverance.
2-4 years related industry experience; bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field. Specific related experience can substitute degree type.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Technology and best practices, technical writing, sales, customer service, detailed analysis, customer relations, research protocols, communication.
INDUSTRIAL SETTINGS, PRODUCT AND COMMERCIALIZATION LABORATORY. OVERTIME NECESSARY AS NEEDED TO SATISFY CUSTOMERS/ CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS. SOME EQUIPMENT/TOOLS CAN BE HAZARDOUS.
EEO Statement Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Veteran’s Preference Statement Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
Customer service, entrepreneurial coaching, industrial technology, robotic and/or product engineering, project management. Masters or PhD in engineering.
Security Sensitive Statement This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Salary $61,285 – $72,100
Posting Date 12/15/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran’s Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran’s Preference, applicants must complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN’S PREFERENCE.
- What is the highest level of education you have achieved?
o I do NOT have a high school diploma or GED
o High School Diploma or GED
o Associate’s Degree
o 60 hours or more of college credit
o Bachelor’s Degree
o Master’s Degree
o All but Dissertation
o Earned Doctorate
o Professional degree (MD, JD, etc)
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1